Are you are tired of applying to postings on-line and not receiving any response? Have you ever attended a cattle call type of job fair and waited in long lines only to find out the position does not match what you are looking for?
Attending a Career Showcase job fair will be a unique experience for you. The companies that attend our job fairs are looking to hire candidates right away. They will be looking to meet with you and do the 1st interview at the event. So, remember first impressions mean a lot.
- You should pre register for the event(s) you plan to attend, hiring managers will have access to your resume, this will increase your chances of connecting with the hiring companies. By pre registering, you are agreeing to receive information from Career Showcase or any of its attending clients in reference to our job fairs or open house events…if for any reason you no longer want to receive correspondence from us, please click on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the e-mail that you receive
- Company presentations will begin at 5pm. Please be on time for this informative session. Each company will present themselves to you in a theater like environment so that you can familiarize yourself with what the company does and what they are hiring for. After the presentations, you will have the opportunity to meet with the companies that interest you most.
- Dress Professionally.
- Bring at least 15 copies of your resume.
- Be ready to network with other candidates. A job fair is a great networking opportunity to connect with hundreds of other candidates in the marketplace.
- Even if you are unsure about meeting with a company, approach them to pitch yourself and your skills, you never know where it will lead.
- Best chance to obtain the interview is to actually attend the event. Hiring managers are looking for those candidates that take the initiative to actually attend the fair.
PLEASE NOTE: Companies that attend our job fairs are currently hiring based on market trends. The positions and industries represented at our job fairs represent current market conditions and needs. Career Showcase, LLC can not guarantee the possibility of your employment by attending our job fairs. There are no fees to attend any one of our job fairs.